Saturday, June 10, 2017

Fenceline

 

sold.

One day at the alpaca farm, I wandered down to a lower field and parked myself for the entire day, determined to focus on trees. We were encouraged to do one small, quick study, for no longer than 10 minutes. I went ahead and did another, 20 minute study as well. And then I did a longer painting of the same subject. The painting at the top is the longer one, and this next one is the 10-minute study. I like them both quite a bit, but I feel funny listing a 10-minute study, so I'm going to start it at $1. (click here to bid on this study --^ 6x8in.)

To the left is the  20-minute study. I'll just say this - I learned a lot from it. Starting with ... too much pink ground showing through!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love your paintings. My world takes me to Contemporary Glass Art rather than painting, but I love art in any shape or form

Unknown said...

HI Carol, I've listened to "Big Magic" twice on audiobook. I love it. Especially the story about how her book got passed on to another author. I've had very strong intuition the last few years and it IS like magic. I looked up Korolenko after I saw your post. He is amazing. I am really enjoying following him. Thanks!

Olivia Hernandez said...

Hi - I really like how you have achieved to create an illusion of a very large painting on such a small board. I struggle to paint large block paint strokes on such a small area. HOW DO YOU DO IT? Especially trees and brush, particularly, desert brush.
Thanks very much.